Conditions For Boarding
* All dogs and cats must have a current vaccination certificate and must be presented upon arrival prior to boarding. We recommend you have your dog vaccinated for kennel cough prior to boarding. The certificate must be current for the whole period of boarding and must have been administered within the last 12 months of boarding.
* Should your dog be due for de-worming and/or de-fleaing please have this done a minimum of one week prior to boarding.
* We would also ask that your cat is current with flea and worming treatments. If fleas are found on your cat we will be obliged to treat your cat at your expense to ensure the safety of all cats in the cattery.
* Any medications can be administered, but please ensure all bottles etc are clearly marked with dosage rates and your dogs or cats name.
* If your dog has destructive tendencies toward beds, blankets, toys etc, we would request that you let us know beforehand as we may request that you bring along their own beds and blankets.
* We will no longer board any dogs that are excessive barkers, howlers or screamers. This is so we can ensure our neighbours are no longer being annoyed with the this type of noise. These tendencies also can cause our other boarders to become stressed and that is not fair on them as well. Also if you feel your dog suffers from separation problems, a boarding kennel may not be the best place for them.
* Please note we will not board any bitch that is coming into season or is in season as they can cause disruptions within such a small kennel. So it would be appreciated if you could let us know if your believe your dog may be in season or coming into season before booking her in. If your bitch comes into season while here, you may be requested to arrange alternative care for her.
* We will board entire male dogs, but will assess each entire dog on a case by case basis. This will depend on the number of dogs in the kennel and the number of entire males dogs that are currently being boarded and on each dogs temperament.
* You acknowledge and agree that during your dog's stay here, there could be a small risk and possibility of your dog acquiring Canine cough (Kennel cough) - this occurs in even the most hygienic and well-ventilated kennels. Canine cough can be picked up from any dog, from neighbours, at dog parks, at groomers etc. It can even be acquired whilst at the vet's. A canine cough vaccination does not cover every strand of kennel cough, just as the flu jab does not cover every strand of flu in humans. We accept no liability for you dog acquiring canine cough during its stay here.
* Please make sure your dog is on a lead when they leave the car, especially if it is their first time here, as we have cats—and I think our cats just might ‘scare’ your dog!
* Please ensure your cat in an appropriate cat carriage cage when dropping them off.
* Please note we may not board any cat over the age of 8 months that is not spayed or neutered
* Whilst every care and attention is given to all animals in our charge we do not accept responsibility for any loss, accident or illness that may occur during the stay outside of our control.
* You understand that we have social groups for the exercise and lounge areas for the cats and dogs and that you accept the benefits and risks associated with this. Please advise us if your dog or cat needs to be on its own.
* We reserve the right to refer your cat or dog for veterinary attention should this, in our opinion be necessary. The owner shall be responsible for all costs incurred.
* We reserve the right to make suitable arrangements for any pet left in our care 14 days after the due collection date if no contact is made by the owner or the owners agent.
* Authority must be given to release your pet to another person.
Pick Up And Delivery Of Cats and Some Dogs
If you wish, you may drop your pet off and collect your pet from The Top Vets Clinic. There is a charge for this of $15.00 each additional cat or dog is an extra $10.00 each way. This fee is payable to us, and we will then pass on the appropriate payment to the vet clinic.
Your pet needs to be at the vet clinic by 12.00 pm on the day it is to be collected. And your pet will be delivered back to the vet clinic also by 12.00 pm.
If you wish to use this facility, you need to advise us upon booking in your pet. We need to ask you all of the ”check in” information that we would normally ask when you drop your pet off at facilities. You may also need to show the receptionist at the vet clinic confirmation of your current vaccination certificate.
With this option, payment for your pets stay needs to be paid for in advance.
Your cat also needs to be in its own cat carriage when it is delivered to the vet clinic and your dog on a lead or in an appropriate cage.
With regards to pick up and delivery of dogs, please contact us regarding this to ensure that this option is appropriate for your dog.
Please note there is no drop off or collection of pets on a Saturday morning to the vets.
Our facilities and management practices are maintained at a very high standard. Therefore the very best care will be given to your cat or dog, however, we accept no responsibility for illness, injury, death or loss for any reason whatsoever, apart from any breaches of the guarantees in the Consumers Guarantee act 1993.
All possible care and attention is given to every cat or dog in our care and responsibility can only be accepted at the owner’s risk.
We operate a communal interactive play environment and the client must accept the positive benefit and potential risks involved.
These terms and conditions are in place for the protection of your cat or dog.